Well what did I tell ya? I should be a prophet. Yes, we have been inactive for a few weeks. Sorry bout that. Anywhozies, I'm here to try and help you survive NaNoWriMo.
For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, you can either click on the link, or listen to my 5 second explanation. In other words, click on the link.
NaNoWriMo is an acronym that stands for National Novel Writing Month. And the name is kind of self-explanatory. You basically kill yourself writing a novel in one month. That's right. 29 days. 50,000+ words. It's a fun form of torture.
Here are some tips in surviving this thing:
- Budget your time. - Figure out when you can write each day, and then do it.
- Take showers/brush your teeth/sleep regularly. - Seriously, personal hygiene is VITAL. If you feel gross or really tired, take a shower. It will clear your mind and clean your body. Two birds with one stone.
- Have bribery items handy (i.e. ice cream, gold fish, carrots, or whatever your favorite snack is). - Make smaller goals within your daily routine. When you succeed, give yourself a treat.
- Don't Procrastinate. - If you waste all of your time browsing through facebook and pinterest, chances are, you're not going to get all of your writing done. And the last week of NaNo will be dreadful for you.
- Exercise. - I am so serious when I say this. Writing is hard. It's hard on your brain. Your body may have all the energy in the world, but if your mind is shot... Well, you're in for some bad experiences. Go for a run. Even if it's just for 10 minutes, it will help. I promise. Yoga, brisk walking, and strength training also work nicely.